Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Names I Love!

Partially inspired by my friend's post about names, and partially inspired by videos I watch on youtube, I thought today's post could also be about names--in a slightly different way to my friend's. Like her, I also have a fascination with names. I've been following the Social Security Administration's name stats each year, and watch AnastasiaRuby's name videos on youtube semi-religiously.

My problem with names is that I love so many. For me, names inspire characters and characters become their names. There are a number of characters in my thesis I'd like to rename, because I named most of them when I was twelve when creating a "Lance" in a fantasy world didn't seem like so much of a cliche. But I've found I can't separate the character from the name. Not until I've found a better one.

Here is a list of my favorite girl and boy names for each letter of the alphabet. This was somewhat challenging, but I'd like to challenge you to do the same. What are your favorite names?

A: Audrey, Andrew
B: Bria, Bennett
C: Clara, Caledon
D: Daphne, Dashiell
E: Elena, Elliott
F: Freya, Finnian
G: Genevieve, Gareth
H: Hannah, Henry
I: Ilaria, Indigo
J: Julianne, Jude
K: Keira, Kian
L: Lyra, Liam
M: Matilda, Matteo
N: Niamh, Nathaniel
O: Odette, Ossian
P: Phaedra, Peter
Q: Quinn, Quinn
R: Rosalie, Rowan
S: Seraphina, Silas
T: Thea, Theodore
U: Uriela, Upton
V: Vienna, Valerian
W: Willow, Wesley
X: Xaria, Xadrian
Y: Yukia, Yarran
Z: Zoe, Zephyr

1 comment: